Bringing humansthe possibility to access a sustainable thermal comfortTrack 100% of energy losses in thermal grids.
DistrictLab-H is a unique Computer-Aided Engineering solution to optimize the design and operation of District thermal grids.
Numerically Efficientand Accurate
- Represents the production, distribution and consumption domains within a single integrated tool based on a unique thermal-hydraulic kernel.
- Analyses complex systems on a simple laptop within seconds.
- Automates the building and maintenance of models from a Geographical Information System database.
- Maintains performance indicators from mega- to giga-Watt systems.
- Covers all main kinds of network architectures (e.g. two-tube, three-tube, open network), topologies (tree-shaped, meshed layout) and technology generation in the district heating and cooling fields.
Fast to set-upand Productive
- Minimizes set-up effort relying on DistrictLab’s model builder approach.
- Reports errors in their relevant context for immediate review and correction.
- Automates the (re)sizing of network portions in static and/or dynamic analysis.
- Easily tests and validates control strategies allowing continuous improvement of design and operation.
Advantages With DistrictLab-H
in the design of new thermal systems
Simply assess, challenge and improve existing
network control strategies
Reconciliate energy efficiency and heat
delivery security for your customers
Reduce network temperature, save energy and money
“ We were expecting a solution to help us optimize the operation of our thermal grid. We needed a mean to calculate optimal control trajectories for the forward temperature and differential pressure. There are some energy gains because we are now able to reduce the energy injected in the network. There are economic and environmental benefits because the software helps us reducing the use of fossil production plants […]. Overall, there are gains because we are able to get a better knowledge of our network’s behavior. “
The tool will allow us to perate the network optimally, on a daily basis, all year long. Concretely, this leads to lower forward temperature which are potentially at 160 °C currently. The software allows for technical savings in terms of heat production both from a temperature and a pressure standpoint. We will limit thermal and hydraulic losses. That is something we were really lacking.
CEO-CTO and founder
Fundamentally, I believe that our developed societies face huge ecological, energy and sustainability challenges and that these call for a compelling need for change. I want to be an actor of this change by creating a structure that will allow itself and its members the freedom to dare! I’ll drive DistrictLab based on my experience gained through a decade of work spend solving the problem of optimal design and operation of District Thermal systems.
I am fully committed to prove that it is possible to build a virtuous economy. After 14 years working for the world leader in energy training simulation and 12 years as CEO and founder of L3S that have provided several software solutions for utilities, I am glad to bring together with Roland the best talented people for the common good in the energy sector.
CEA, the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission is a founding member of the DistrictLab company. The DistrictLab project was born and matured in one of CEA’s laboratory where the thermal-hydraulic kernel of our solution was entirely developed, verified and validated.
You want tochange the gameand built a climate- friendly future?
Today’s energy security crisis is essentially a heating crisis. Heating and cooling account for 50% of EU energy demand, with natural gas supplying a stunning 42% of the thermal demand. You are passionate with IT, energy sytems and / or customers relationship contact us